We are on a mission to give more than we take. By measuring everything, and only doing work we can connect to dollars, we are confident we can follow through on this commitment to our clients. We have a proven track record of helping brands build initial traction ($0→1 million in a year) and build momentum ($2→20 million in a year).
We are intentional with our culture. It's a big reason our clients choose to work with us. Our company values:
- Focus - Being intentional with our time and energy to stay concentrated on the big picture to produce great results.
- Team Greater Than Self - Being fiercely committed to collective success as a team, celebrating each other's wins, and the belief that all great things are done as a team.
- Radical Candor - We’re vulnerable with each other and value honest, candid feedback because we know it’s essential for growth.
- Extreme Ownership - Extreme Ownership gives us clarity and autonomy while owning our mistakes so we can grow.
- Continuous Improvement - Devotion to growth and mastery as individuals because it what generates the results to give more than we take for our clients.
At Optimal, you will be given autonomy to make decisions, have exciting advancement opportunities, have dedicated time for continuous growth, and most importantly be valued and appreciated.
Learn more about working at Optimal by watching our careers video and checking out our culture on Instagram.
Summary of the Role
We believe that SEO Specialists are here to help us deliver the best search engine results possible, positioning Optimal and our clients as leaders in their respective industries.
In this role, you will work closely with our client-facing Growth Marketing team to help lead SEO initiatives. Occasionally this means being client-facing as you pitch strategy and review results. This role will focus on developing SEO strategy, analyzing performance metrics, reporting, and will be responsible for managing expectations with clients as well as internal teams.
This is the right role for you if...
- You keep a steady pulse on SEO industry changes
- You want to invest the extra time needed to tangible see how the work your doing contributes to the client's bottom line
- You like to work as a team and weave SEO into everything, not just things clearly labeled "SEO"
- Driven by results and desire continuous improvement
- Ensure having a few key accounts to go deep on and on-call to help on other accounts as needed
Drive traffic and increase ROI for clients through SEO.
- Perform keyword research in order to generate topics and sitemaps
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories
- Able to use SEO tools to generate insights
- Performing in depth competitor analysis
- Take a data-based approach to strategy
- Create and manage content calendars & roadmaps for several clients across various industries
- Map keywords to sitemaps
- Read and interpret website code to discover technical SEO issues
- Comfortable in applying most technical SEO improvements to the most popular CMSs without the need of a developer (and can direct a developer when needed)
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Optimize existing content for SEO
- Delegate writing work to internal/external team members while maintaining high quality and SEO optimization
- Link building
- Intentionally create content that attracts links
- Outreach to obtain backlinks
- Regularly create, analyze, and present insightful and actionable SEO performance reports for client websites
- Tie everything back to business goals, never losing sight of the ROI for clients
- Participate in occupational client facing meetings with our Growth Marketing team
- Continuous improvement
- Develop specialist knowledge - becoming someone team members turn to for advice and insight
- Help in our hiring process and mentor junior employees
- Stay up-to date on SEO industry changes and communicate those to clients/teammates
- Help conduct audits for sales opportunities
- Occasionally share audit results alongside our sales team
- Become a thought leader on SEO tactics and help grow our SEO team
- Contribute to Optimal's marketing through our blog and other outlets
- 2-3 years experience in SEO role
- 1+ years experience working agency environment
- Advanced understanding of SEO principles
- SEO tools (Search console, ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog etc)
- CMS experience (Shopify, Wordpress etc)
- Strong analytics and problem solving skillset
- Site migration experience
- Ability to dive in and find answers to questions that might not yet be documented
- Soft skills
- Ability to communicate directly with clients in a clear and empathetic way
- Ability to set client roadmaps, prioritize activities, and explain your prioritization
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Excellent presentation and slide building skills to showcase learnings and results that capture attention
- Ability to travel – 1-2x per year for client and internal team building
Benefits & Compensation
- Autonomy; you take ownership of how work is completed
- Flexible work hours
- Ability to work remote
- Paid continuous education opportunities
- Transparent and actionable role/growth opportunities
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Extended leave policies - Maternity/Paternity/Medical
- Group health insurance for employees and families
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Group term life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance options
- Option for 401k contribution
We want to understand how you think. To help us, please send your cover letter to share with us, along with your application.
We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Keep in mind that we do not equate length with substance, so please keep your cover letter to fewer than 1500 words. Stock cover letters won't do - tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
We can’t wait to hear from you!